Understanding Communism’s Manifestation in the U.S. with Reference to Two Books – “The Art of War” and “The Naked Communist”
Jan. 27, 2021 | By Xin Yian
(Minghui.org) The big battle between communism and the free world started as early as the era of Marxism and has been going on systematically all along for the past 170 odd years. It is also by no means an act by a few.
Speaking of battles or wars, most Chinese people would think of the famous book The Art of War by Sun Tzu, a well-known ancient Chinese general and military strategist (544 – 496 BC). They all know a common saying, “If you know yourself and your enemy, you’ll never lose a battle.”
“Laying Plans” is the first chapter of the book The Art of War and it shows the utmost importance of having plans for whatever one does.
Sun Tzu said, “The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.”
He also said at the end of the chapter: “Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.”
On January 20, 2021, America’s conservatives were forced to hand over the state power to the ultra-leftists. While feeling upset, many honest, kindhearted, and upright people were shocked at the shamelessness of the ultra-leftists and condemned their unspeakable perversion, hoping that in four years’ time the situation can be turned around through a normal and honest democratic election.
Seeing what has happened, I cannot help but wonder if the American people are too kind, or if they lack adequate understanding both about themselves and their opponents? Kindhearted people, especially those living in a seemingly democratic society, can never imagine the extent to which the evil beings are prepared to go in carrying out their plans. But I believe all those who woke up from darkness through the persecution and oppression by the Soviet Union and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) understand what I am talking about.
The battle between good and evil is extraordinary. One must know oneself and one’s opponent, and one must plan carefully before one can implement the plans and gain victory. Therefore, good people with conscience and a sense of justice should immediately reflect upon their shortcomings, learn the lessons, so that they would not take things lightly again in the future. I hope we have all gained some enlightenment from the Divine, learned our lessons, and enriched our wisdom following the game-change in the U.S. on January 20, 2021.
Communists’ Subversion Schedule
Communists want to rule the world by controlling the United States. To achieve this goal, they openly showed their evil nature and could not care less about revealing their violent, vulgar, and vile character. They are not stupid, nor are they worried about others seeing through their true nature.
For those people, they might be thinking, “What can you do even if you know our true color? The courts are in our hands; Congress is in our hands; your money is in our banks; your children are in our schools; your livelihood depends on our companies; and your food, clothing, housing, and transportation are all under our control. The gangsters of the Paris Commune were our ancestors. Yes, I am a gangster. Who cares!”
Such is the communist way of thinking. Communists show their nakedness not only in their obscene promiscuity but also in the brutality and arrogance of their goals and tactics.
W. Cleon Skousen, a law specialist, said in his book The Naked Communist: Exposing Communism and Restoring Freedom: Communism teaches people to believe that “putting self-interest first is not evil,” and yet this should be the most cursed doctrine. People who truly accept this doctrine have neither conscience nor sense of honor. For them, violence, trickery, and perfidy are all justifiable.
The book Naked Communism: Exposing Communism and Restoring Freedom was published in the United States in 1958. Skousen’s professional field involved the principle of freedom, the U.S. Constitution, economics, ancient history and scriptures. He was also invited to compile a new constitution for Canada. In addition, Skousen also worked for the FBI for 16 years and taught as a university professor.
Florida Congressman Albert Herlong delivered a speech to Congress on January 10, 1963, during which he read out a list of 45 communist goals derived from Skousen’s book to remind people of the potential threat of communism.
Unfortunately, being so used to living in their comfort zone and enjoying the freedom they were born with, the kindhearted and optimistic Americans have gradually forgotten their enemy’s staring eyes and the all-round comprehensive implementation of their plans.
Sixty-three years have gone by since the publication of Skousen’s book. Let us take a look at the Communist goals listed in the book and read out by Herlong during his speech, and we may be shocked to realize that most of them have already been achieved in the United States, which also influenced the Transfer of Power on January 20, 2021, after the 2020 U.S. election.
45 Goals of Communism Listed in Skousen’s Book Published in 1958
Herlong read the following goals during his 1963 speech:
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, and policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace traditional religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” (Remember these goals were published to expose them in 1958.) Coincidence?
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“] united force [“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Skousen predicted at the end of the book that “very soon, one day, you will not find the truth in school or in the library or anywhere, because the truth no longer exists in print. Therefore, you must collect these books.”
Glenn Beck, an American best-selling author, radio host, and political commentator, said that Skousen had foreseen in 1958 that, “One day, the history of this country would be lost because it would be hijacked by the intellectual elite and communists. I think we have reached that point now.”
Ben Carson, a well-known neurosurgeon and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development in the Trump administration, said in 2014, “When you read this book, you would think it was written last year.”
Communists’ attempts to take over the world were not only evident in the cold war era, but they were also shown in the 2020 U.S. election. Biden said before the election, “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.” He never clarified or denied his statement, and the mainstream media remained silent on this, with no journalists investigating the issue. The courts have also ignored numerous voter fraud lawsuits to seek a fair election.
In light of the various weird phenomena currently occurring in the United States, can we see that the evil communist specter’s plans, deliberately made over a long period of time to change the U.S. through “peaceful evolution” are being carried out right now?
The standards of good and evil are set by the divine. Today, when good and evil are brazenly turned upside down, the United States and the world are at an unusual point in time. Have we made plans for our future? Are we ready? How do we keep to our conscience and faith? How would we pass on to our children and grandchildren a peaceful and happy homeland? All these questions deserve some deep thinking for us all at this most critical moment in history.